Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snowy Chattanooga!

Woke up this morning to an unfamiliar site... SNOW! We rarely get good winter weather in Chattanooga, and even when we get a bit of wintry precipitation, it never covers the ground... Not so today! We woke up to a wonderful winter wonderland (like that alliteration?). It was such a refreshing change from the standard view of our front yard!

First thing I did was run outside and grab a few shots of the snow... I guess I was afraid it would disappear! I didn't even manage to get my shoes on first...







Austen wanted to get serious about playing, so I grabbed some shoes, and we engaged in a friendly round of snowballs. (Please note Austen's super cool pajamas :) )







Addison didn't quite no how to react. She had only been awake for a few seconds when Nathan brought her to the door to see what was happening.



She warmed up to the idea pretty quickly though!





And this last picture is just because she's so cute!



I cannot express how amazing it is to be a Mom. I have the blessed opportunity of seeing the world through my children's eyes, every day. I take it for granted much too often, but this morning, I saw snow as a child must. That vision made me love my children even more!



On a side note, we are currently en route to Nashville for a Pictage PUG meeting (more on that later) and I am blogging from the car! The joys of wireless internet connections. Love it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sock hands are deadly in a snowball fight! Seriously cute!

Alison B. said...

get your tails here so we can have lunch!!! i am starving

Jasmine said...

Goodness, can I love your family more than I already do? I didn't think it was possible... :)

xoxo...

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful daughter! The pic of her when she first woke up... how precious is she! So cute!
Next time it snows I want a snowball fight with Austen!

swan said...

I can't wait to have your family up here... Only a few weeks away! Maybe we'll get some snow...

Groovy!

Cheryl May said...

I'm so jealous!! :). Your pics make me wish I lived in a place where it snowed during the winter! Don't get me wrong, I love Santa Barbara, but having grown up in Palm Springs, I could probably count on my hands the amount of times I've actually seen snow!!

Tanks for sharing! :)

aboutimage said...

So cute!

photo editing said...

This is absolutely nice!!