Wednesday, February 14, 2007

All we need is Love!

Happy Love Day!

Do you ever feel like you could live your life fulfilled by love alone? Today is one of those days for me.

I was just working away, and my doorbell rang. I ran downstairs, and it was the Valentine's fairy from Sophie's! Nathan had ordered me the most amazing gift basket, and of course, Sophie's packaged it beautifully! Who knew pjs, sugar scrub, chocolate, and flowers could look so incredible!





Nathan, I love you. You constantly surprise me with your love. Thank you for being my husband and my best friend!

Okay, now, the gushy stuff is over, I'll share a bit of our fun morning with you! I woke the kids up this morning, and as is tradition in the Holritz family, I fed them a breakfast of candy! Strawberry Peeps, Reese's Hearts, and conversation hearts. Breakfast of Champions!














I also need to give a Fun Monday update! For Fun Monday this week, we went to the Blue Plate for lunch. They have the most amazing homestyle potato chips with this insane blue cheese sauce. YUM.





The weather was amazing, so we walked from lunch up to the Creative Discovery Museum. Austen played in the water for a bit, while Addison braved the big scary playground with her dad.





Then we played a little dress-up...







The kids did a little dinosaur hunting...







They have a new section upstairs called Amazing Castle. The whole floor is divided into different rooms, each one teaching about a different job from the medieval times. Pretty interesting!



I just liked this shot!



And of course, the obligatory self portrait!




I hope that everyone has a absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day. Big Hugs to everyone too far away for me to hug in real life! I miss you all!

10 comments:

Alison B. said...

the conversation heart says "you rock"
that's great

Anonymous said...

You guys are inspiring :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have had a fun two days! Great! Love the treat--so beautiful!!! Love the breakfast...why didn't I ever think of that one...thanks for teaching me just in time to share with Grandkids!!! lol love you all!!!

Shyla said...

You are the coolest parents ever!!!

Liana said...

Ya all are tooooo adorable! PJs, scrub, and sweets before lunchtime - lucky gal!!

Jasmine said...

Ooookay....you're the coolest mom ever. I could only WISH my mom allowed me to have candy for breakfast!! :)

amynave said...

Yummy!!!!!! Candy for breakfast:)

Nathan - you are the man

Amber - you are the mom and the most beautiful mom that is:)

I love you guys and can't wait to see you. I just booked my Vegas flight:0) AHHHHHH!!!!

Jen E. said...

wow, and I thought that MY husband had done well this valentine's day..well, he did, but that gift basket of yours is just BEEEAUTIFUL!!

jen

Anonymous said...

I think Austin wants to look just like me - check out that black curly mop!

Davina said...

That is soooo coool that we do the same thing for our kids on Valentine's Day morning! I love it! The order of fave holidays at our house is Christmas and then Halloween and Valentine's Day tie for second. The whole candy for breakfast thing is looked forward to all year!

It looks like you had a great day! And you are the coolest parents ever. Every time I read your blog I'm inspired by you!