Sunday, February 18, 2007

Baby Olivia arrived this morning!

Last night, I had the privilege of spending the night photographing a new entrance into the world. Atlanta photographer, Amanda Phillips went into the hospital last night at about 8:00. I arrived sometime after midnight, and this was the first thing I saw...




Thankfully, this policy wasn't well-enforced!

When I stepped into Amanda's room, an awesome John Mayer song was playing, and I found it to be so fitting for the situation... He was crooning "We keep on waiting, waiting on the world to change..." And that is exactly what Amanda was doing...

Waiting.





Amanda told me that her baby was waiting until morning to come, in order to give us the best light possible! I laughed, but apparently she was serious... Just after daybreak, it was time for Amanda to start pushing. I have to applaud both Amanda and her amazing husband Jason. I have never seen a more fluid team. It was an emotional sight, just watching the two of them together. You can tell they are completely in love.







Sometime around 8:30, after a long and hard labor, the doctor decided that a c-section was going to be necessary, and Amanda was whisked off to an operating room!



At 9:06 a.m., Baby Olivia made her entrance into the world!





I love the expression on Jason's face as he introduces his newborn to her new family!



Some of my favorite pictures of the day were of little Baby Olivia's feet. She has the longest little toes I have ever seen on a newborn!





Amanda and Jason... Congratulations! I am so excited for the two of you, and Baby Olivia is completely perfect! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this amazing day!





I hope you enjoy your slideshow!!!

10 comments:

Amelia . Lyon said...

I love this "real-life" session! I've always wanted to do something like this, congrats to your friend...these are great tasteful shots!

Anonymous said...

these are great...love her tiny feet!

Anonymous said...

these are great...love her tiny feet!

Mike said...

Nice work Amber! Such a cutie! Im sure you had a long night on this one! With that sign on the door they could have some unhappy moms in the maternity wing!

His Creations Photography said...

I just about cry everytime I see these birth slideshows! Tell them they picked the best name ever! :)
Wonderful job as always.!

Cheryl May said...

Wow Amber! I teared up watching the slideshow and I don't even know the Phillips'. That's incredible, amazing job!

LaCour said...

What a special privilege! You created such beautiful, intimate images for Amanda and Jason...and of course, adorable baby Olivia! They will cherish these forever. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to the happy family!

Rachel

Jasmine said...

A BIG congrats to Amanda...a job very well done, Amber!

xoxo...

Liana said...

Amazing Amber! How awesome to see something so special from someone we know! Congrats to Amanda & Family :)

jason groupp said...

Those are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.