Friday, February 09, 2007

Complete Randomness.

Yesterday was an amazing day. By the end of the night, I felt more refreshed than I have in ages. I think I can attribute that "refreshment" to a variety of events occurring during my day!

1. Trip down Memory Lane.

I was downtown for a "business lunch" (more on that in a minute), and for once in my life, arrived early. I looked around and remembered that I was at the very heart of my relationship with Nathan. I was standing next to the coffee shop where we had our first date, and just around the corner was the alley where we had our first kiss! So I took a little walk :)



Just down this alley, there against that wooden door... that's where Nathan kissed me for the first time.



It was wonderful to stand there for just a moment, and remember where we started. I love my husband so much! He is AMAZING!!! So the little trip down memory lane had me feeling all warm and fuzzy!

2. Lunch with Connie!

After my little nostalgic interlude, I trotted over to my favorite restaurant in all of Chattanooga to have lunch. Tony's Pasta has the best tortellini in the world, and throw their Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola sauce on top of that, and you've got a taste of heaven!



Conversation with Connie was awesome as always! It was fun to take a break from the grind of lunch with the kiddos (which generally consists of serious mac and cheese, yummy, but just isn't as good as Tony's pasta!). I don't think we solved any of the world's problems, or even any of our own, but it was certainly enjoyable to hash them out!



4. My beautiful children

Need I say more?









4. Date night with Nathan!

This never happens these days! We actually had a spontaneous date! I called Nathan on my way home from lunch, and he said, "Hey! Let's go out!" Dear Laura was willing to babysit at the last minute, so off we ran to a movie! The time to ourselves was exactly what we needed. I snuck a little bit of soda.. which I've determined that I really just don't like anymore (have been coke-fasting since December!) ate some yummy nachos, and indulged in mindless movie watching! Felt like a new person by the time it was over!







Now the challenge is to choose refreshing days like this often!

8 comments:

His Creations Photography said...

Good for you guys. We understand how hard it is to get the babysitter and get out of the house to get some time for yourself or each other. That Date night thing is so important in marrige. Really glad you both got away. Something my wife an I used to do often...but needs some serious improvement now. Thanks for the reminder and sharing the romantic "First Kiss" door!! You guys are sweet!
Damion.

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

Awww, Amber, that's so sweet about your little bit of history in that alley. How long have you and your husband been "an item"? :)

swan said...

Sweet. Love the shots of the "firsts." What did N think of them?

Glad you got some hang time. Tough to remember what it was like to be "random."

:)

Anonymous said...

You two look so beautiful and happy in these photos. Thanks for sharing, Amber.

Erin/LaCour

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great day...wondered why you were looking for a sitter...now i understand!

Jasmine said...

A lunch date at Tony's AND a movie date with Nathan?!?! Who could ask for more? :)

xoxo...

Diana Simpson said...

i can't believe you had coke and nachos.... i am going to go eat somehing bad right now... it's only fair... xoxo

c r y s t a l said...

Aww! What a fantabulous day! And Tony's......yuuummmmm!!!!

You guys are so stinkin' adorable!