Monday, May 21, 2007

The Penguins have Arrived!

It's Fun Monday again! Woo!

I am so excited about posting these images today! I got a new point and shoot for Mother's Day, and I think it rocks! (Thanks to my rockstar friend Corey for the brilliant camera recommendation!)

Here's the first image taken with it... I love how sharp it is :)



For Fun Monday this week, we headed back to the Tennessee Aquarium. Now, I have to admit that I might be just a bit tired of the aquarium, BUT I was super excited to go today and see the new Penguin exhibit! They are SO fun to watch... I kinda wanted to jump in there and swim around with them :)















Then we went for dinner to one of my FAVORITE restaurants, The Blue Plate Diner. The light at our table was pretty fun, so we took some silly wide-angle images of our faces while we waited....









The food is SOOOOO yummy. I always just order the macaroni and cheese, but today, I was starved... so I went with the fried chicken platter. Should've just stuck with the mac and cheese, 'cause I didn't get through half of this craziness!



Nathan has the Blue Plate Burger, with the star of the show, the Blue Chips. If you ever visit this place, you can't leave without having the Chips! They are SO good!





Lots of kissing going on...





Walking back to our car.... family portrait...



Then we went to feed the ducks. Random fact: I am really quite scared of ducks. I was bitten by one when I was on my first date as a teenager, and I find them to be totally freaky! Addison on the other hand, is completely NOT afraid of them, and was letting them get WAY too close to her! Eeek!



Nathan has been wanting to grab a picture of our car... I love the way this one turned out!



I love Fun Mondays!



13 comments:

Chris Humphreys said...

You guys are SUCH a cute family!

I hope when Katie and I have kids we're all as happy as you guys are! I really love looking at all the pictures of you guys!

Corey McNabb said...

Great stuff...fun camera, heh? In the wide angle of Nathan, he looks a little bit like he just had his wisdom teeth out. Looking forward to trying those chips when I'm in town.

regina holder said...

So many pretty blue eyes! Nice shots from the new point and shoot. LOVE the shadow family portrait.

Teresa Wagner said...

you guys really know how to enjoy a day together, fun mondays,huh? can i come next monday? LOL

Awesome shots. Enjoy that new camara.

Mary Marantz said...

see...happy smiling faces EVERYWHERE! this is why I LOOOOVE coming to your blog and why I LOOOOVE love love you guys! Seriously...how much does the family shadow picture ROCK?!

xoxo
M:)

Anonymous said...

Love this post!!! The pics of the new friends in town are great! Your kids look like they had so much fun! Can't figure out why the point and shot that I got for Mother's Day doesn't take such good pics like yours??? Not sure about the wide angle? Love the shadow family pic!!! My favorite!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Love this post!!! The pics of the new friends in town are great! Your kids look like they had so much fun! Can't figure out why the point and shot that I got for Mother's Day doesn't take such good pics like yours??? Not sure about the wide angle? Love the shadow family pic!!! My favorite!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the shadow family picture. That's awesome! What kind of point and shoot did you get? The pictures look great!!!

Jasmine said...

Yummmmm...those blue cheese chips...you make me miss Chattanooga! :)

Greg said...

Okay, you guys simply have the best looking eyes for any family...you all are beautiful and boy we miss you. :( We love you cuties!

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

Hey..... we've been wanting to go see the penguins! There's a funny Penguin sign on I-75 on the way from Cleveland and it catches our attention every time. Glad they received good reviews.

Super cute family pic, second to last!!!

G

Sarah said...

I recently found your blog.. and I just think you guys are the sweetest family! Oh.. and I love your photography stuff too! :)

Amy Martin said...

So fun! You guys look adorable :)