Monday, May 21, 2007

I love Asheville!

While I was in town meeting my new nephew, I had the opportunity to spend some time with my wonderful family, and a few incredible photographer friends!

I had the opportunity to assist my dear friend Corey McNabb on a bridal session at the Biltmore Estate. It was fun to step into a different role, and instead of functioning as a shooter, I was a camera holder! I did manage to sneak some shots of the great Corey in action. He's a brilliant photographer, and I enjoyed seeing his interaction with his client! I will be shooting a wedding with him at the Biltmore in June, and I am very excited about it!

Rockstar Corey in action...











Then, later that night, I went back over to Corey's studio and hung out with him and the infamous Parker. Corey's studio is super cool. I could've hung out there all night! The guys were pretty good company, too!





The next day, while hanging out at my house with my mom and the kids...



Addison fell down and got her first scraped knee. This was a sad sad moment in time, and of course, I felt it necessary to document the entire process.









On our way out of Asheville, we stopped at the mall for some Starbucks, and we met up with Corey one more time! And this time, we had the opportunity to meet his wife Jill!





Corey grabbed these fun images of Addison and I goofing off at the food court!







A quick self portrait in the parking garage...



Another self portrait on the road, driving home...



And a final shot of Addison!



I love Asheville. So many people that I love are there. It's wonderful to go home.

8 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

AWWW! I miss you guys sooo much!
Give Addie a BIIIIG hug for me:)

Corey McNabb said...

Awesome! Thanks for that. We loved hangin out with you guys and can't wait to do it again!! And a huge THANKS to Amber for your stellar help at the bridal shoot....looking forward to shooting side-by-side in June!

Mary Marantz said...

awwww looks like such good times!! when are all you guys gonna come up to CT so you can love New Haven too...oh wait, NO ONE loves New Haven....hmmm, well come anyway!!

miss you bunches
M:)

Anonymous said...

Pouting Addison is classic! What a cutie!

Sarah Barlow said...

Oli's was sitting on my lap when I was looking at this post and at first she thought the pictures of Addison were her but then I set her straight and she said she really misses Addison:) I miss you guys too!! Great pics!

regina holder said...

Hello! I'm not in any of these photos! Feeling neglected here. SHHH, Amber's in town, let's not tell Regina.

And keep all hands on the wheel when driving already!

Anonymous said...

As Corey's Dad, it is very satisfying for me to see his level of talent recognized and valued by his clients. I get few glimpses of him on the job. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Okay the last one is scary!!! Brake lights and you are taking a picture...were you texting too? lol Love the pic of your mom--best I have ever seen of her & so much fun! The Biltmore is great with him laying on ground & such is quite fun! thanks for sharing!