Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sweet Baby Nolan

I had the awesome privilege of spending the afternoon with three week old Baby Nolan and his amazing parents today. Jonathan and Whitney have a completely beautiful home, flooded with perfect (and interesting!) light, and are totally in love with each other and their new little one!

I love photographing newborns... It always amazes me just how little bitty they start out! It's fun to use pieces of loved furniture in the family home in order to provide a sense of scale...





I love getting details of their little bitty-ness.







Nolan had a seriously cool nursery. Maybe my favorite little boy nursery EVER! No pastel blue for this little man! (Check out the slideshow for more nursery shots.)





I love these two images of Baby Nolan with his mom... he is barely three weeks old, and already mugging for the camera!





My favorite part of the session, was when I was photographing the whole new family together. The dynamic between new families is always interesting, and these guys were just so beautiful together!









I think that Whitney is stunningly beautiful, and obviously, so does Jonathon... he couldn't keep his eyes off of her! It made a little emotional watching him watch her!



Jonathan and Whitney, thanks SO much for letting me crash your house today! I had a blast, and am looking forward to that 6-8 week session:)

Enjoy your slideshow!

8 comments:

Corey McNabb said...

Man, good job you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! When I have children...I DEFINITELY want you to photograph them!

Stacy Cross said...

Amber, I've gotta tell you - I think that these may be my favorite baby/family pictures that I've ever seen you do! Stunning. And I agree - the B&W is SO gorgeous on this type of portraits. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Precious!!!

regina holder said...

Amber,

Please tell me you didn't climb on any furniture for the last 2 shots!!! So many precious images! I do love the one of Jonathan standing in his room holding him through the door. You ROCK! as always.

Sorry I am missing seeing you yet again this weekend!

Teresa Wagner said...

So precious. How sweet! Awesome work.

Mike Larson said...

I've never really photographed babies before, but these are TOTALLY inspiring, sweet stuff!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful - I am so glad my friends decided to go with you guys - they turned out beautifully! I can't wait to create their announcements with your awesome photographs!!!