Friday, June 29, 2007

Anniversary Fun!

My wonderful husband planned a surprise anniversary getaway for our 7th... He didn't give me any clues at all, other than "Pack a swimsuit!"

Car rides make me do all kinds of things to amuse myself... lots and lots of pictures of pretty much nothing :)



We first drove to Asheville, where we went to a quickie get together with a few photographer friends... It was Michael Juliano's birthday, so we went out to celebrate with him a bit. Our dear friends Corey and Regina were there... Fun times!







Apparently, when Regina is around, we all lose our ability to take good self-portraits... this has happened two other times now! It took us about a million tries to get a decent shot! (I will claim credit for the last one though... I win :) )



Then on Saturday, I shot a wonderful wedding at the Biltmore Estate with Corey, a post on that is forthcoming...

We spent Sunday with my family, and then we left Sunday evening to start towards our destination. It was a decent drive, so we broke it up and grabbed a hotel for the night midway there...

Preparing to leave the next morning...



Arriving at the Outer Banks, we drove straight to our awesome bed and breakfast... the White Doe Inn.





We settled in, and then headed out to the Dunes. We bought a stunt kite, and had a blast playing with that!







A couple random scenery shots...





The second day of our vacation we went out on a jetski tour! It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life! We didn't take our camera out there :) but I'll just tell you that it was absolutely beautiful, as well as intense, and fun, and a million other adjectives :)





We then went home and washed up, and headed out for a delicious dinner.





The next day, we got up, and traveled back to Asheville. Our dear friends Corey and Jill invited us over for a delicious dinner, and a hysterical movie. It was like a big slumber party... Absolutely perfect ending to a brilliant trip.

We arrived at the McNabb's, and Corey pulled out his RC sailboat... we took it down to the lake, and the boys sailed it a bit. I think Nathan enjoyed himself :)







I love this shot of Carat.



Me and Jill...



As the evening went on, Corey pulled out some RC airplanes. Now that's some quality entertainment. We were having so much fun with them, that even when it got dark, we pulled the car around and used the headlights for light! So fun!





We finally did stop playing and enjoyed the amazing meal that Jill had prepared for us.





The next morning, we got up and ran to the store for more planes :) I think we might've been just a little out of control with our newfound obsession, but so so fun!





Thanks so much Corey and Jill for your awesome hospitality! See you very very soon! We love you!



Nathan and I ran over to pick up the kids and my sister from my parents house, and we rushed straight home, just in time to grab dinner with Joy and Garrett Nudd! It was so great to spend time with them, and was a perfect transition into coming home... Just a few more minutes of grownup time. So awesome!

Austen grabbed these pictures for us :) Garrett was NOT amused by the pop-up flash brightness :)





Nathan, thank you so much for planning such an amazing vacation. I had a blast. I love you!

13 comments:

Greg said...

What fun! I'm glad you guys could get a break and have some fun. As always, these are great pics too!

Anonymous said...

Great grown up fun! Looks like a wonderful anniversary gift! Great job in surprising Amber, Nathan!! Best wishes for many, many more anniversaries to come! love you both!

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

And he is even less amused that that image was posted!!!! LOL.

So great seeing you two. We must do it again very soon.

Props for getting Alison in the background!

Mike said...

You guys are awesome! Im glad you had a chance to get away and just enjoy being yourselves!

Corey McNabb said...

Geesh...and to think all that only took place in a matter of days! man, we had fun. We're so glad you guys could stay with us. Can't wait till next time!

Nathan...be ready to dogfight next time!

regina holder said...

I can't help it that I am short! I even had on my tall dansko shoes. My fav is the one with barely the top of Michael's head. It was great seeing you guys finally! I am glad you had such a wonderful anniversary trip. That was a lot going on in a few days - you considered that a vacation? Loving the Nathan with flat hair shot.

Big hugs!

Mary Marantz said...

you guys are such a beautiful couple!! looks like a blast! we can't wait to see you guys!

xoxo
M:)

Tim Halberg said...

alright... I've got dibs on Nathan in our next life!!! ;-)

Glad you guys had such an awesome time!!!

c r y s t a l said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing week! So glad you got to get some wonderful quality time away and alone.

Way to go Nathan surprising Amber like that!!! So great!

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Congratulations guys!

Lara and I just celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 22nd! Ours was a bit less exciting but it was a good time!

God bless you guys.

Jim Davis-Hicks
www.davisphotographer.com
www.thirstrelief.org

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary you two, and all the love possible from NY!

Michael Juiliano said...

whew what a post! i feel dizzier than the day after a night of birthday drinking. thanks so much for coming out and sharing a part of your anniversary week. you guys rock. be sure to look me up when you want to head to DC/Baltimore.

cheers!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Wow -- Nathan without his hair gelled made me do a double-take!

Garrett looks good in that shirt.