Monday, October 22, 2007

Tracy and Zack: A Perfect Day.

Saturday morning started off just a little crazy for me. I drug myself out of bed in New Haven, CT before 4:00 am, and headed for the airport... I arrived in Nashville at 9:00, and made our wedding start time by just before 10:00! Very hectic! But when we pulled up in front of Tracy's home, I knew that the day was going to be amazing. What an amazing location!

Then we went inside, and began scouring the house to get a feel for our options. I can't even begin to describe to you how beautiful this home was! We could've shot in there for a week, and still not exhausted the possibilities!

A few preparation details:

The stunning Vera Wang gown, and equally stunning Manolo Blahnik shoes...





The light in the brides room was so much fun. We had lots of depth to play with, and floods of natural light in addition. It was a photographer's dream room!

The bride looking stunning during the prep time:



Fun with mirrors:





The bridal portraits were so much fun. Tracy is an absolute natural in front of the camera!







And the groom was wonderfully handsome. I love this casual image of him that Nathan captured.



Just before the ceremony started, the girls were sequestered upstairs while the guests poured through the downstairs. The mother of the bride and the mother of the groom were watching the guests arriving and discussing their children's future... I love how the sun just peeked through the window completely the magic of the moment for me.



Zach and Tracy were both very emotional as the ceremony began...







The new couple!



A couple of stolen moments on the window's walk:





The venue at twilight:



And finally, a few images from the first dance. I loved the reception lighting, it added so much dimension to the event!





Tracy and Zach, I hope you guys enjoyed your fabulous honeymoon! Nathan and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with both of you. Here is your slideshow!

I wanted to leave this post with a quote from The Velveteen Rabbit that Zach's sister read during their ceremony. I am not certain that I have ever considered this book in the context of a wedding, but I will admit that hearing it read in the presence of such obvious love brought out the tears ;)

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." "Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit. "Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." "Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?" "It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That mother of the bride picture is AMAZING...what a perfect emotion captutured...love the use of lighting indoors with the bride & groom as well.

Justin Marantz said...

Hey A! Glad to see you made it back... I'm sure the Tracy & Zach are too.. you guys rocked this wedding.

I totally love the shot of the two mothers looking out the window. Beautiful light and emotion! Check out that cool "stamp" of window light on the ceiling. Great job!

Anonymous said...

This slideshow makes me so incredibly happy and overjoyed that we will also have you as our photographers next April. I can't wait to work with you two - your work is truly amazing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! You guys rocked this one.

Corey McNabb said...

Great use os mirrors in that first shot! That bride looked so stressed until after ceremony! Beautiful location and captured well.

Airika Pope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerald & Airika said...

The pics are awesome--I especially love the one of the mothers!I also was quite touched by the quote you posted. "Once you're real, you can't be ugly..." wow.

You guys are awesome! ~Airika

THE PARSONS said...

these are beautiful - such great emotion captured, and some deeply moving images!! love your work!

Unknown said...

WOW!

The photos are simply STUNNING (as always)!

And that excerpt from the Velveteen Rabbit ... just brought me to tears. I cried and then sent it to my boyfriend, who was also stunned at the passage.

How beautiful! What an awesome sister!

Jasmine said...

i love your color images...so warm, so pretty, so, so lovely!
miss you both!
xoxo...

Anonymous said...

awwww man messed up pregnancy hormones + gorgeous wedding photos full of emotion = me bawling once again :) you did an awesome job of this wedding.

Unknown said...

Love the shots of the bride.. Really great shots all of them. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! Love the quote! Is it really about dear bunny??? lol couldn't resist!

David L Smith Photography said...

Wow! You guys just raised the bar! Utterly droolable images. Hey...I just invented a new word.

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

LOL re David above.

Beautiful images, guys!!! Bravo.

And thanks for posting story from the Velveteen Rabbit. The groom's mother in our Santa Barbara wedding in August read that at the wedding, and you're right, it totally caught us off guard...everyone, I think. But what a super-cool, refreshing parallel.

I'm going to come back to this post. :-)

Davina said...

I love that image of the mother of the bride. It's beautiful and emotional.