Tuesday, September 25, 2007

2 in four months! We love the Kirk Family :)

Back in May, we shot a wedding for the wonderful Emily and Jaye. This past Saturday, a mere four months later, we photographed the wedding of Emily's beautiful sister Betsey and her hysterical husband Stephen...

Prepare yourself for a long post!

I love how Betsey and Emily mirror one another in their body language. Nathan and I noticed it during Emily's prep time, and I noticed it again this go 'round...





I love this shot of Betsey's bridesmaids getting her ready... check out the slideshow to see a few more images showing off just how many people it took to get Betsey dressed!



I have no idea what these guys are laughing at, but it must have been brilliant!



The meeting. Betsey and Stephen chose to see each other before their ceremony... They met in the sanctuary where they would be married a couple hours later.

Mr. Kirk and Betsey, with Mrs. Kirk and Emily watching in the background...



The first look.





We then snuck the couple outside for a few quick portraits. Betsey and Stephen were total troopers, and I adore their sense of humor. Check out the laughter in these images!







I grabbed this shot of Betsey in that quiet time between portraits and ceremony. I love the classic feel of it.



The ceremony... So much emotion!







The new couple!



Nathan and I both made use of the balcony at the Tivoli for some awesome shots. It was such a nice vantage point.

Nathan's shot from the first dance...



And my shot of Nathan working the cake cutting.. don't worry, there are a few sans photographer as well, but this one is my favorite!



I love these girls! We have completely enjoyed spending time with this family, and I was urging both Betsey and Emily to hurry and have kids, so we can hang out more! (Actually, I believe we have a couple of other tricks up our sleeves for future get-togethers... I'm not going to let you guys forget about it, either!)



Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Kirk for allowing us the opportunity to be a part of both of your daughters lives! We love you guys!



We ended the night by going to Betsey and Stephen's new house, and grabbing a quick shot as Stephen carried his bride across the threshold. So fun!



Betsey and Stephen, congratulations. You guys are wonderful together! I hope you enjoy your slideshow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys truly amaze me with your work. We have such a blast hanging out with you!! And don't worry, Amber...we will totally be in touch for those future surprise "get togethers"! :) Thank you both again for such an amazing job!

Diana Simpson said...

beautiful as always! dd

Anonymous said...

Nathan and Amber...WOW!! Stephen and I love the pictures. They turned out so amazing that I cried the first time I saw the slideshow!! Emily and I have been sooo fortunate to have you guys shoot our Weddings. We all love you!!

Photographer RE said...

I don't know why, but I love that first photo with the flip flops. I think it's the colors. Well it's the photo itself too.
RE