Thursday, March 01, 2007

There's no place like home!

We used to think that was true... Then we spent the week with the amazing Kevin Swan and his beautiful wife Shel. Being with the Swans was just like home.

Kevin contacted us several months back, and asked if we would be interested in taking part in an informal OSP get together. We love spending time getting to know other photographers, so we jumped at the chance! We arrived early, and spent last weekend enjoying an incredible friendship with Kevin and his amazing family. (I am SO sad that I have no pictures of Kevin's amazing teen-ish kids, Zeb and Clara... They willingly watched the wee ones for us so that we could have some grownup time, and we are very thankful for that! They are stunningly beautiful, and have amazing hearts... it seems impossible to find both of those qualities in that stage of life!)

Saturday we hung around the house, enjoying the downtime, and then that evening, we were treated to an awesome play, Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. The play was very well done, and the company was exquisite! Kevin and Shel invited their friends Kevin and Amy along, and it was awesome to have a moment of adult time!



After the show, we went for one of the best steaks of my life, at St. Elmo's. My mouth is still watering, just from the thought of that steak!



Sunday, we went to church, and Shel and I grabbed some girl time at the movies. After evening church, we went out for dinner. The kids were quite entertaining!

Sol... about to pounce on Austen...



Austen... hiding from Sol...



And Addison... being Addison!



Monday, the festivities began!





Jessica Strickland
and I led a natural light shooting demo, while Nathan and Kevin led a off-camera lighting demo. It was fun to hang out and shoot with each other, all while being able to share some of the information that is key to our businesses!










Some action shots...











I was blessed with a couple of amazing baby models... here are just a few of the shots that I was able to grab during the demonstration.













After the shooting demonstrations were over, we went to P.F. Changs where we laughed alot, and ate a little. This became the trend over the next few days... lots and lots of laughter!

Tuesday consisted of a day of education... There were several different panel presentations, as well as a presentation by Nathan on the topic of Office Management.





We wrapped up on Wednesday with an album panel discussion, and a big group picture!



Random snaps from throughout the week...














(I LOVE these guys!)



Wednesday night wrapped up with a quick trip to the Apple Store. Nathan and Kevin were all business there!





Thanks so much to Jessica, Kevin, and Alison for allowing me to steal your pictures in order to completely tell a story of the week. You guys rock!

I wish I could speak more eloquently, in order to best describe the amazing time that we had in Indiana. I can't, so I'll just say a completely inadequate "Thanks." Kevin, Shel, kids... You guys felt like home!

7 comments:

swan said...

You're definitely too kind! Sorry we didn't have more room for you to stretch out a bit. Looking forward to the big hotels in Vegas! :)

amynave said...

I love you guys.... Sorry I missed all the fun. Next time forsure:)

Daniel J. Watkins said...

I'm sorry we missed you too Amy Nave!

I had a blast hanging out with you all (for the 24 hours I was able to attend...I did make it back home to STL w/ 3 minutes to spare before wifey-poo had to go to work Tuesday night).

I'm all caught up on my sleep now. Can't wait for the next gathering.

Sara France Photography said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you both at WPPI!

Anonymous said...

not sure how it could have felt like home... I only got one IM from you in like a week!!!!!

:)

c r y s t a l said...

What a great group! Looks like an awesome time!!

Miss you guys!!

J said...

Looks like a great time!

See you soon..