Thursday, March 22, 2007

On the Horizon...

Have I mentioned recently how much I love the photography community? Because I really do. I have met the most amazing people through this business, this art, and my life feels incredibly rich because of it!

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about sharing my photography knowledge with non-photographers... moms in particular. This thinking comes from consistent contact with two amazing photographers from the West Coast... Carey and Me Ra. These are two wonderful women who are incredibly talented photographers, and perfect matches for me! The three of us together make a fun team! And that is exactly what we have become!

We have loads of craziness planned for this upcoming year. First on the list of many things will be photography workshops for moms. I believe the first one is planned for San Diego (Carey's home base), but don't worry southern gals, we'll be coming this way too! We meet up in Vegas this weekend and hope to flesh out some details for everyone! Stay tuned for more information and some crazy fun pictures from our get together!

As a side note, Me Ra has just released an amazing new DVD this morning! Run over to her blog, watch her trailer, and leave her some love!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber - what an excellent idea - I know my wife would totally love going to a photog for moms GTG. Come to Kentucky!

LaCour said...

All three of you are an inspiration! One day, when we have kids, you'll have to teach me how to create such adorable images :)

Hugs to all of you!

Rachel

Jill Higgins said...

I'm so glad to see that you are going to do this - you are going to be awesome!
:)

Mike Warren said...

This is awesome Amber! Hopefully you will be putting something together close to Atlanta!!

Unknown said...

Amber!! Count me IN! I know I'm not a mom yet, but I've already been scheming on how we can get you to take pictures when we DO have babies. What fun would THAT be? You'd have done our wedding AND a new baby?!?! I'll keep checking back on your site, but keep me posted if y'all do something close to Chattanooga! Hope all is well with you and your sweet family!~ Katie Gibbs