Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sweet Home... Asheville

This Tuesday, Nathan and I had the opportunity to go home, to Asheville, NC. We dropped the kids off with my wonderful family, and hurried over to hang out with Regina Holder and the Asheville PUG.

The Asheville PUG was an awesome group! About 17 photographers showed up for what turned out to be an educational and fun networking meeting. Nathan had the opportunity to share with the group our beliefs about the importance of organization in business. After the formal meeting, most of the group went out to dinner. We had lots of food and laughter, which is my favorite kind of meeting!



After dinner, a few of us went out for a little more fellowship. I love hanging out with other photographers, we always have such an amusing time! Thanks to Corey, Corey and Regina for hanging out with us. We had a blast!







Usually, Nathan and I are the masters at self-portraiting... but on Tuesday, we were having a very hard time! Nathan tried several times... but wasn't very successful.



An innocent bystander decided to help us out, but I don't think her attempt worked out very well either...



Finally, Corey came to the rescue!



Thanks so much, Regina, for emailing me your pictures! We had a great time with your PUG, and we look forward to the next opportunity to get together!

5 comments:

LaCour said...

So fun! The Asheville PUG folks are awesome, and Regina is the sweetest person. What great pictures, and great fellowship opportunities.

Miss you guys,

Rachel

Dawn Davis said...

I always LOVE the blurry photos from the innocent bystanders! What fun you all at at the PUG. Can't wait to see you and meet Amber at WPPI.

~ Dawn & Bob

Holritz Photography said...

Oh man! Really looking forward to seeing you guys as well Bob and Dawn! Just a few days!

Melissa Rich said...

Corey is up to his usual crazyness...I see :)

regina holder said...

Amber and Nathan,

I am so excited! I am staying at a hotel for my wedding tomorrow and am actually seeing your blog for the first time in months! YEAH! Happiness!!!!

Thank you for the wonderful post about our PUG meeting! I really appreciated you guys taking time out of your very busy schedule to come share with our group. Everyone really enjoyed getting to meet with you afterwards at dinner. I am very thankful to have such awesome friends as the two of you.

I am so mad that I didn't get to come to Vegas. Corey has been filling me in on all the Holritz fun that I missed. It was still worth it going to the LaCour workshop instead!

BIG HUG!
regina

PS - For anyone thinking I am crazy about not being able to see their blog, it won't load for me on my home computer no matter what I have tried.