Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Austen!!!!!!

Our Austen turned 5 on Sunday! I cannot believe he has gotten so big, so fast!

In our family, we have a tradition of doing birthday weeks... and each day is something special for the birthday person to enjoy! We didn't take as many pictures of Birthday Week as I would have liked, but I do have to share Birthday Bath Day with you :)

Bath Dye is a huge hit :)





We had a small get-together on Sunday so our local friends could come by and wish Austen Happy Birthday... Our little bitty group has grown so big! There were kids all over the place! (Good luck figuring out which kids belong to which grown-ups! I don't even think it is possible!)



Austen had a superhero theme... and people were glad to oblige us by wearing fun Superman masks! Kinda freaky, eh?!



We ate some yummy Dairy Queen cake...







Opened some presents... (Thanks Rich for these pictures!!!)





And played with a tarantula... the biggest hit of the night!



It was great fun... and we are so blessed to have all of these people that we can call our friends! Thank you all so much!



And a special thanks to Rich
and Matt for helping me with the photography!

Check out Austen's birthday slideshow!

8 comments:

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

Oh geez, we did miss out! FUN, FUN, FUN! Happy Belated Birthday Austen!!!

love,
Graycen

:)

Anonymous said...

What a blast! Thanks for inviting me to share part of the big day :)

Anonymous said...

So glad we could be there for Austen's 5th! My how your group of friends has grown! You are blessed to have so many friends & we are blessed to be your friends!!! Love all the pics...he is great & we love him! (his family too)!!!

amynave said...

Ohhhhhh, I'm soooo sad that I couldn't be there:(
GIve the kids a huge hug from me.

I love you guys..

P.S. ummmmmm, I hate spiders. Is that a pet?

Anonymous said...

Wow. We love you guys so much. Thank you for your friendship and all the great times. That was my favorite slideshow ever since that is my favorite 5-year-old ever!!!

Jasmine said...

Soooo adorable! Looks like you had a blast...give Austen a big California hug for me! :)

c r y s t a l said...

Looks like so much fun!!! You guys are just the cutest family ever!

Happy birthday to Austen!!!!!

Christy said...

What fun!! Happy Birthday Austen! I love to look at your family pictures, there's so much love in them!! God Bless you guys!

Christy