Monday, September 25, 2006

A Spotlight on Humanity

Luke and I got to Frank's wedding yesterday just as the ceremony was starting. There were already three other photographers covering the day, so Luke and I had the freedom to do what we wanted. I noticed as I was moving around the room that varioud people were being spot-lit by can lights in the ceiling. I took advantage of the opportunity to photograph a part of the ceremony that I wouldn't have had as a primary shooter.

I love how the light allows you to focus in on these individuals, realizing the importance of people in this couple's life, wondering what might be going through their minds at those moments in the ceremony...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!
Nathan, those are amazing!
Looking forward to hearing your stories!
Alison

Anonymous said...

gotta say, yet another example of why you impress the heck out of me nathan. i was there and totally didnt even "see" this until i saw you photographing it around the room. heck of an eye my friend.

Liz Power Photography said...

Walking in the light, eh? Fellowship is sweet there. Poppy

Anonymous said...

These are great, my brother and hanny loved you there...

shaun
smcgough@gmail.com

ps - email me more!!!

Frank DiMeo said...

Nathan, what can I say? You know I love you bro. It was such a pleasure to see you again. You and Amber are always like a warm ray of sunshine after a gentle summer rain when ever you cross my path. Just wish that sun would shine a little longer and more often. Really, I feel we need to what ever it takes to get together more often, and I am so looking forward to doing something with the families at some point like we talked about. Please lets make sure that we both make time to do it. It was an honor to have you there and I appreciate every second we get to spend together.
Shine on Bud!