Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pictage Conference '06

Wow!!! Last week was INSANE!!!!! Absolutely amazing! It was an incredibly refreshing time as we spent time with friends in Santa Barbara (staying with Chris and Katie Humphries and hanging out with David Jay, Amy Nave, Mary Jane, Tim Halberg and his fiance Cheryl). SB is like a second home to us - thanks guys!

We had a great time connecting with friends at the Pictage Conference in LA as well! Amber and I also had the opportunity to speak at the conference this year, and what a privelege! Here are speakers that we got to line up with (including Mike Colon and Dennis Reggie)!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We got to share to a packed house some concepts about running an effective home-based photography business, and had a lot of fun doing it! Thanks to all who came out for that!

At the end of our trip, Amber and I had the opportunity to go Gary Fong and his fiance Melissa Carl's engagement party, hanging out on Gary's yacht for a little while and then going out to eat. Also there were David Jay, Mike Colon, Mike's awesome wife Julie and his son Aidan, and Dennis Reggie, and another LA photographer, Brian. Gary and Missy are so cool because they are as real as they come!!! No pretense or show - just themselves! Love it! You guys are awesome!

Here are a bunch of pictures from the week!

The SB gang:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pictures from the conference!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Who would have known that Matt Dunmore was so tall?!?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mike, are you on something? LOL!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Missy showing off her ROCK!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gary eating his live shrimp! Ok, so maybe he didn't actually eat them live....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the coolest people at the conference, Mark from Lacour!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Off to Gary and Missy's party... What's up with David Jay in a shawl??? LOL!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Somehow Amy isn't in a picture with Amber and Janey!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Thanks to all who made it an absolutely incredible trip to California!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan... you are short ;)

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! You guys are back! Great photos but "greater" that you're back because Chattanooga isn't the same without the Holritz's in town!

Alison B. said...

looks like you had fun. i am so proud of you guys! your workshop was phenomenal and just wait until i release my highlights video from the conference and you hear what my MOM has to say about you. you'll get a little teary. way to go.

Frank DiMeo said...

Awesome you two! Thanks for sharing, I missed you all so, soooo much.

Glad everyone had such a great time!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Looks like you both had a BLAST!!

Shyla said...

Wow!! I dont think I tell you enough but, Amber, you really are gorgeous!!! Every picture of you up there is just beautiful :)

I miss you waaaay to much!! And thanks again for that text today...you totally made my day! :)


I love you guys, you know that?!

Sarah Barlow said...

Oh man!!!! I miss you guys so much already!!! You too are seriously sooo incredible!! I learned so much in your workshop and really enjoyed our late night talk the last night!!! Can't wait to see you both in November!!!! LOVED the pics too!! :)

amynave said...

Did I tell you that you rocked like no other mother:) As I was sitting in the front row I was sooooo proud of you. Hope you had a funmonday this week:)

Love love love

David L Smith Photography said...

Sweet guys, SWEET! I'm just a little envious...only a little. :-) You guys are goin places!

c r y s t a l said...

Omigoodness! Looking at those pictures makes me cry!!!!! I love you guys too much! You and Nathan did such a fabulous job, and I can't begin to tell you what having you two in my life means to me!!! It was so great running into you two at the airport too! Made my day!! Just when I thought I had said all of my goodbyes - there are the Holritz's!!!

I'm totally counting down the days till OSP South2 !! Oh, and I'm gonna take some of these pics to post on my blog! :)

Mark Adams said...

It was great to meet y'all and to spend a little bit of time with you. Looking forward to seeing you here in Atlanta in a week and a half!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you in LA!! I'm so glad we had a couple of minutes to talk before we all had to take off. You two are so amazing! I'm so glad I know you!