Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Our Christmas Vacation

After the St. Louis trip, we headed straight to my parents home in Asheville, NC. We were excited about a bit of down time, and thankfully, downtime is exactly what we got!

First, let's backtrack to a few Chattanooga Christmas pictures!

Addison and Austen in full Christmas regalia...



The best ornament on our tree...



Addison and Austen with new Baby Adaley





Christmas with Jason and Theresa! We love you guys!







Now on to the Asheville trip!

We took a quick side trip to SC to see my Mom's family...

Mamaw



The cousins!











I'm so glad we had the time to make that trip! It was great to see everyone!

We went out for coffee with my cousin Greg and his wife Crystal at Malaprops in downtown Asheville. It was an awesome time!



A little bit of pre-Christmas prep... and just plain hanging out!








Check out the off-camera flash action :) (I am SO sad that I don't have a picture with my mom :( Next time, Mom!)











Christmas Eve... We had a wonderful church service, and then went to spend the day at my Nanny and Grandaddy's house.

On the way, we stopped by the church where we got married, to snap a quick shot for you guys :)



Nanny's house...



My Nanny and Grandaddy have been married for almost 60 years... and look how happy they are!!!! I love them very very much, and cannot thank them enough for making their home open to us every year at Christmas!





Grandaddy read the Christmas story...



We ate a bit... and fellowshipped a bit...

And then opened some presents!





The kids passed out in the car on the way home!



Christmas presents! Austen and Addison are SO cute in their pajamas... don't you think?













I hope that everyone enjoyed their Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last set of gift photos. The one of Addison is great!

Anonymous said...

Love these pics...one of my granddaughter screaming and Addison so happy--too funny! Love Addison all dressed up! Love the one of her opening a pkg! The one of grandpa reading the Bible is precious! love looking at all of them!

Anonymous said...

omg!! I made it to the famous holritz blog! :) wow. I'm incredibly touched! *It was so great getting to see you guys! I just may have to travel up to TN on my next vacation from work! Love ya'll!
*Leanne*

Anonymous said...

Man the baby pic with the two front teeth makes me smile sooo much its like alph-alpha or however you spell that lol : )