Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fun Monday!

For those of you who aren't familiar with our family tradition, we take Mondays off as our family day, and spend extra time with the kids. We call it "Fun Monday."

Interestingly, Amber and I used to have date night on Mondays back in college. We now have Fun Monday for the kids, and when they're in school, we'll move Fun Monday to Sunday (after church), and we'll have our date day back!

Until then, Fun Monday it is! Here are a few pictures from our last Fun Monday, which included a tour of playgrounds!


Amber with Austen...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Me with Addison...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Our kids are so great together!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I love Austen's smile!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Check out Addison's hair!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

10 comments:

LaCour said...

Addison's teeth are so cute! Geez, guys...melting my heart here. Seriously, you guys inspire me with your commitment to your kids. They are adorable and we can't wait to meet them!

LaCour said...

BTW, this is Rachel ;-)
I really need to get my own blogger identity.
Or, as Andrew says, I have melded with the brand completely. Ah, scary!

Anonymous said...

"Uncle" Rich here... love the photos and love your kids! Everyone... Austen and Addison are truly amazing kids. We're serious about wanting the Holritz's to write a parenting book. Dr. Spock has nothing on you guys!

6 of Four Creations said...

Y'all are awesome parents. You have much wisdom of the value of family. This is something we should all admire and strive for!

Sarah Barlow said...

Awwww!!!!! They are getting sooo big and CUTE!!! Wow!!! :)

Jen Manuele said...

oh man. your family is just so beautiful. i want to come to fun mondays!

Shyla said...

so precious!!! I love how I can see both of you in each of the kids yet they look so different...
Please tell me I will get to play with your kids someday before they get to old ;) hahaha....

I think its awesome the balance you have found in life... There's an old saying regarding kids that I heard once and it is sooo true...
" They wont know if your poor but they will know if your not there".....
I love the way you model and live out that value in your life, its a HUGE testimony for us onlookers :)

Anonymous said...

Guys, those are awesome pics of the kiddos...now we just need some pics of you two kissing and the blog will be complete...

Jasmine said...

I couldn't agree with Shyla more!!
Love you guys!
j*

amynave said...

I can't wait to meet them in November:) YAY!!!!

Love you guys,
Amy